Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Route - still not quite certain

So I have 3 months - assuming I leave at the end of May - possibly earlier - I'm going to stick around for a while to earn enough money for my ticket and the actual trip - besides, I can't go anywhere until I know for sure that I've been accepted in a grad school. So I've given myself an approximate time for 3 months - which is probably too short to see the whole country, so I'm thinking of doing the whole northeast belt - from Kashmir to Assam and the north eastern states. I still haven't even started researching the sights. I should pick up a lonely planet - does anyone know which one is better rough guide or lonely planet ? My parents have always used lonely planet - and it's very effective. But reading reviews on Amazon, it seems as though the Rough Guide is better. Hmm...decisions decisions...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tap tap tapdo said...

hey,

i would use lonely planet...my favorite.

also, i would recommend that u add rajasthan to ur trip...may be even a trip to my village...say 3 days...to experience life outside of a city as is....i mean, stay with the village people and not in a cheap hotel...

will be summer...

u decide,
Navs

6:01 AM

 
Blogger TheGreatGujju said...

I plan to not really stay in any hotels - it's more like backpacking - so there will be lots of villages. Pretty much bus-ing/train-ing/truck-ing from one town to another.

9:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home