Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Home. At last.

Bombay, 1:00 AM - Jetlagged

The first sector was more pleasant and more uncomfortable than I expected. KLM upgraded their planes so NYC to AMS had really good in house entertainment(cute little private TV screens with a choice of lik 50 movies). Unfortunately I got the center seat with this dude who leaned his chair back entirely - not so fun if you're 6' - and I can probably say that I had my legs apart beside a hot gay guy, but we'd all know that would be a completely misleading statement. Random hot gay guy from Stuttgart was visiting his boyfriend in New York (don't ask me how they manage it - but he was an actor, so had half a brain cell - conversation was dull and monotonous and the biggest KLPD ever - when he told me he was gay, I was getting ready to induct myself inthe mile high club. And then a split second later he told me that he was visiting his boyfriend. *sigh*)

The ASM-BOM flight was standard - crammed with stereotypical desis (gujju gaggle, ghaati mandal, random IT 'ive-got-job-in-us-so-im-super-cool' dudes, and of course the occasional FOB suited and booted in an oversized blazer.) Now that plane was some 1980 model - god knows it had one of t hose pull down screens for the entertainment with a projector that kept flickering every five minutes - on the bright side, though, it had more legroom - and since I was sleep deprived from the previous flight I dropped dead - even though random baby was 2 rows ahead and pesky kid was demanding stuff from the in flight shopping guide five seats away. But I made it.

I'm at home right now eating Alfonso Mangoes (mmm-gustatory orgasm!!!!) watching random english songs on channel V (we now get some 60 odd cable channels) - and TimeOut Mumbai has a gay column - impressed. My room looks completely different - from studenty one bed-desk-computer thingy its become a mini studio with living area and the bedroom looks like a gujarati prince's room - The bed is so big I could have an orgy on it (then again, orgy in the parents' house - not such a bright idea). The dogs look so handsome - and they're so adorable and playful - not spoilt and misbehaved like the last time i was here. Will post pics when I get time to take them. Tomorrow is checkup day (eye checkup, general physical, blood checkup etc etc) and then Wednesday is spa day (woo hoo!).

and btw HAPPY BIRTHDAY SABS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home